xcompat and broken library links

Spider was the first package that I have worked on since working on the
boot-floppies. When I first tried to build it, several libraries were
unfindable. I assumed it had something to do with the pic library problem
(and I'm not sure it is) so I re-installed libc5, ncurses3.0 and xcompat
but this failed to fix the problem, so I went looking at the libraries.
What I found was the the low level .so link was broken for the following
libraries:
	libXaw
	libX11
	libXext
	libXtst
All of these so links pointed to the old 6.0 libraries, while the current
6.1 libs were the only thing available. Actually these links should
probably point to the intermediate .so.6 link. In any case when I manually
repaired these links everything built fine for spider.

Thanks,

Dwarf