Re: Debian planet

>> We add them to planet.debian.org when they request it. The Spanish
>> people did so, the french not. It would be good if they do, to keep it
>> sane in one place, but thats not our call.
> Please note that by "Spanish people" you mostly mean a few developers
> who, paraphrasing Joss, were in pain due to broomsticks on the ass,
> because it was other people (like me and others outside Debian), not
> anybody else that they liked or approved, were handling the planet in
> Spanish.

Yeah well. Not commenting on the "internal" spanish "fun", thats nothing
I can or want to judge. Just one thing.

> Anyway, I clearly understand how this works and I didn't want to make a
> huge deal out of their tantrum. What it's a shame is that suddenly, the
> effort that we made seemed dropped, replaced by a Spanish planet closed
> to Debian developers only (set where I was not included anyway, but it's
> not of surprise), backed by the people behind the official planet,
> which, yes again, I understand they didn't necessarily have to know
> about it.

Note that it is not closed to developers only. It is, like the english
planet, for

 any active and directly involved participant in the Debian development
 community. Inclusion in Planet should reflect a relationship that
 already exists -- it is not meant to create one. Inclusion is not
 restricted to people who are currently Debian developers nor are
 ex-developers necessarily barred from inclusion.

I don't know the rules that have been on planeta, can only
imagine it must have somehow been limited to people involved with
Debian, or it wouldnt really be a Spanish *Debian* Planet. I am not able
to dig them out myself (somehow I still haven't learned Spanish, not
even having the *third* DebConf in a spanish speaking country got me to
that yet :) ), and *honestly*, its not of my business.

I got a request from spanish speaking people which fulfilled the
requirements -> planet/es created.

Obviously I would like it more if there wouldn't be a bad feeling
because of that, but there isn't much I can do for that.

Also, since it is in planet-debian svn, writeable by every DD, you can
add yourself there. Or every spanish DM/contributor that wants to be
(and has a spanish-only feed). I don't know how the initial inclusion
list was selected other than that I requested the minimum of 10 feeds to
be there.

--
bye, Joerg
 dvdbackup (0.1.1-7) unstable; urgency=medium