Re: Debian planet

On 10:15 Mon 05 Jan 2009, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Thanks to all of you for bringing Planet,
>
> We add them to planet.debian.org when they request it. The Spanish
> people did so, the french not. It would be good if they do, to keep it
> sane in one place, but thats not our call.

Please note that by "Spanish people" you mostly mean a few developers
who, paraphrasing Joss, were in pain due to broomsticks on the ass,
because it was other people (like me and others outside Debian), not
anybody else that they liked or approved, were handling the planet in
Spanish.

I meant to be quiet on this because I really try to stay away from
tard-arguing, but now that you mention it, it's worth a bit mentioning
it.

I made efforts to be inclusive with this, because I really tried to make
the thing by and for Hispanic people in Debian. The primary contact was
the public -devel-spanish ml; the repository[1] (hosted outside a Debian
box) was still open for anybody willing to participate and at the
beginning, new additions were discussed on the mailing list.

Anyway, I clearly understand how this works and I didn't want to make a
huge deal out of their tantrum. What it's a shame is that suddenly, the
effort that we made seemed dropped, replaced by a Spanish planet closed
to Debian developers only (set where I was not included anyway, but it's
not of surprise), backed by the people behind the official planet,
which, yes again, I understand they didn't necessarily have to know
about it.

1: http://github.com/damog/planetalinux/tree/master/proc/debian