Re: tarballs - why in SVN?

Hi!

* Reinhard Tartler <siretart@tauware.de> [060814 12:35]:

> I'd prefer having the full source in svn. At least for the packages
> 'scorched3d' and 'openal', possibly for 'freealut' as well.

May I ask why?  We rarely change anything of upstream, and even then the
consesus seems to be to use some kind of patch management system.  So
why do we put the full source under version control?

> As I don't use svn-buildpackage at all, removing the source from the
> SVN makes it painful for me to construct the source package.

wget http://our.project.webspace/package-foo.orig.tar.gz
tar -xzvf package-foo.orig.tar.gz
cd package-foo
svn export /where/ever/the/debian/dir/is
dpkg-builspackage -uc -us -S -rfakeroot
Done.

Doesn't seem that painfull to me; you need to do most of that anyway.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander