Re: tarballs - why in SVN?

"Eddy Petriÿor" <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> writes:
> I was wondering, since SVN can't check out just one file, orig
> tarballs do not change for a release and every new upstream release
> will bring a new version, does it make sense in keeping orig tarballs
> in SVN? I would say no and suggest moving all of them in the web
> sapace or the FTP space of the project. This will not force somebody
> wanting to build a package to checkout hundereds of MB just for one
> 500kB file.
>
> What do you say?

I'd prefer having the full source in svn. At least for the packages
'scorched3d' and 'openal', possibly for 'freealut' as well.

As I don't use svn-buildpackage at all, removing the source from the
SVN makes it painful for me to construct the source package.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4