Re: libc6 problems (maybe)?

> > It's for OpenSSH which I am working on (and I think just finished)
> > packaging.  Unfortunately, it uses both lipwdb and pam.  Could you explain
> > why this is evil and maybe point me at some reading that would help me port
> > it away from libpwdb?
>
> a) I would hope that they made the pwdb support configurable at build time
> with some sort of --disable-pwdb option.

heh... I wrote the autoconf support, so that's up to me to do. :)

I'll be working on it, though, for sure.

[excellent explanation snipped]

Thanks for the knowledgable explanation.  What I gleaned from that is that
we want better than a --disable-pwdb, we want no pwdb at all, correct?

> Also, please see the current ssh package's /etc/pam.d/ssh file, as it does
> not use pam_pwdb (which in itself would cause problems). IOW, please have
> that file in OpenSSH use the normal pam_unix.so modules, else it wil cause
> problems aswell, and bug reports will be filed, and people wont use it :)

Thanks for the advice.  I guess I have some reading to do tonight.

-Dan

--
"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams
himself your master."