Re: An 'ae' testimony

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 01:48:03PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:
> > someone (miquel, perhaps) made elvis-tiny a year or two back, and it fit
> > on the boot disk. would be nice if it could be made to fit again. elvis
> > isn't as good as vim, but it's much better than ae.
>
> Better for the experts who know vi, not as good for the novices who
> have no idea what vi is or how to use it.

you misunderstand what i meant. i'm not suggesting elvis-tiny in place
of ae. i'm suggesting it in place of ae's crappy vi emulation mode.

i don't care at all if ae is on the boot disks or not...i'd just like to
see a decent vi as well because it's something that always gets me when
i'm building a new system (usually when editing /etc/fstab).

*i* know it's not really vi.  but my fingers don't.  hail eris!

craig

--
craig sanders