An 'ae' testimony

I don't want to start a flame-war, so be gentle..

I was just mindlessly (in a tongue-in-cheek way) evangalising Debian on
a mailing list I'm on, and I got a private response from a SuSE user.
He had installed Debian from a CD (he didn't say which version, I'm
afraid) and 'vi fstab' to mount his old partitions.

Then he had attempting to do something which would have worked in vi (he
didn't give specifics) but doesn't work in 'ae', which resulted in the
file getting mangled, and saved.

So he switched to SuSE.

I'm aware this isn't a particularly helpful post - I'm not suggesting a
solution, I don't know what the solution is.  But it makes you think.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |