Re: Linux header breakage in non-i386 builds

Ben writes:
> I have been told I can simply include the headers in my own package.

That's what I do when I have to, but in most cases the need for such
headers can be eliminated by including the correct libc headers.  Doesn't
look like that will work for you, though, since nothing seems to include
linux/videodev.h.

I suggest that you include the definitions you need from linux/videodev.h
in your package.  Try using asm/signal.h to pull in the linux/time.h stuff.

> I have been told I can simply include the headers in my own package.  Is
> this the correct solution, and if so, why?

Linux-kernel-headers is full of omissions and inconsistencies that are
evidently never going to be fixed.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)