Re: Linux header breakage in non-i386 builds

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:56:06AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Ben writes:
> > I have been told I can simply include the headers in my own package.
>
> That's what I do when I have to, but in most cases the need for such
> headers can be eliminated by including the correct libc headers.  Doesn't
> look like that will work for you, though, since nothing seems to include
> linux/videodev.h.
>
> I suggest that you include the definitions you need from linux/videodev.h
> in your package.  Try using asm/signal.h to pull in the linux/time.h stuff.
>
> > I have been told I can simply include the headers in my own package.  Is
> > this the correct solution, and if so, why?
>
> Linux-kernel-headers is full of omissions and inconsistencies that are
> evidently never going to be fixed.

You may have noticed that the last upload of linux-kernel-headers fixed
thirteen reported bugs, including this one.  Anyone else is welcome to
join debian-glibc and aid in fixing even more of them.

It did not build everywhere, and then I went on holiday and no one else
had the interest in fixing its bugs, so it's still not available on
some buildds.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz