Re: Do not touch l10n files

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:27:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
[...]
> 	Heck, there are parts of the code for packages that I maintain
>  that I may not totally  understand; but I am still responsible for
>  the package. When there are things I think the upstream has done
>  incorrectly, I ask for help, or do research, and learn ennough to
>  modify things, or revert recent changes.
>
> 	The  same applies to translations.

If all developers did so, I would not have started this thread ;)

Here is how I would like l10n files being handled by developers:
  * Developers do not modify l10n files
  * If they believe that a translation is wrong, ask its translator
  * If they are in disagrement with the translator, ask a trusted person
    fluent in this language (either debian-l10n-<language> or any other
    person) for an arbitrage.  Developers should perform changes only
    if they are told they are right to do so.

Denis