Re: Do not touch l10n files (was Re: DDTP issue)

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:40:17AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:

> > > Sure it is.  If they believe that the translator is wrong, they can
> > > ask a trusted person of their own to review the translation.
> >
> > I have done that several time myself. The result was several time that
> > the ddtp translation were sheer nonsense. I am sorry. So I have used
> > my veto right to uploaded meaningful translation.  Trust is not given
> > for free, one need to deserve it.
>
> I guess that you did it for French translations.  Do you imagine

You guess wrong. I meant I have asked a trusted person (who was a
developer of the upstream project and was a native speaker) about the
translation. He tell me the translation was nonsense and provided me
with a correct one and was reviewed by other upstream developers.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.