Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:09:28AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I don't see how it'd work: the obvious way of doing it would have
> S40networking block until S45mountnfs.sh was run, but that'd result
> in a deadlock. And in any event, once /var is unmounted, /var/run becomes
> unavailable and you can't bring eth0 down intelligently.

well, how about:

/etc/rcS.d:

S40networking
S45mountnfs.sh
S60ifstate

/etc/rc6.d:

K60ifstate
K79nfs-common
<or>
S30removeifstate
S31umountnfs.sh

where SNNnetworking no longer writes ifstate, SNNifstate does, and no
guarantees are given about ifstate between S40 and S60?  is there anything
else between S40 and S60ish at boot time that would depend on ifstate?

	sean