Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

Steve Langasek wrote:

> Not /tmp -- it's kosher for admin scripts to wipe out /tmp while the
> machine is still running.  Losing resolv.conf this way would be a Bad
> Thing. :)

would you beleive that seconds before reading this email, the thought
came to my head: ``tmp reapers''

nah, didn;t think so, but i did. so that _does_ rule out /tmp, even if
it otherwise fits the bill.

i concur that /boot/anything is bad. double bind mounts of /var/run
seems kludgy and distasteful (even if it would work).

so what shall we name this new top level directory?
/mem /ram /run /shm /volatile /vtl ?

-john