Re: Dock Apps packaging, round 2

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:03:59PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> After the little discussion 2 weeks ago about the packaging of dock
> apps, I come with a proposal.
>
> The proposed packages include many of the dockapps already in the
> archive. Of course, if the current maintainer of a dockapp package
> doesn't want me to bundle the dockapp, I will skip it, and put it in the
> Recommends field instead.
>
> So, here are the bundle propositions. I have put a * after dockapps
> already packaged.
>
> - dockapps-clocks :

7 entries

> - dockapps-monitor :

~15 entries

> - dockapps-net :
> - dockapps-sound :
> - dockapps-toys :

same here

> - dockapps-utils :

even more here

> Considering dockapps with binary sizes in the 20-100KB range, this
> should make packages of accpetable sizes.
>
> Finally, two meta-packages :
> - dockapps, which would depend on all the above
> - dockapps-extra, which would depend on dockapps + almost all dockapps

So it would mean that if I am looking for just one clock or just one
specific monitor I will have to install and keep installed (unless I
manually erase them) 7 clocks and 15 monitors.

It was (IIRC) agreed that we will package every dock and we will create
bundles of specific functionality, to maybe install all of them, try
them, select the one we like and erase the rest, using small packages.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

It's called a change-over. The movie goes on and nobody knows the
difference.
		--Narrator (Fight club)