Re: Dselect insists on installing "info" when "cvs" is selected

On 15-Mar-02, 03:46 (CST), "Bernhard R. Link" <blink@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> I think a browser to a prefered form of documentation is worth an
> suggest. (As it indicates, that I may want to install it when using
> the suggesting package, which is clearly the case)

So you think every package that includes man pages should suggest
man? Or that every package that includes HTML docs needs to suggest
"web-browser"? Or every package that includes text config files needs to
suggest 'editor'?

'Suggests' is good for packages that enhance the current package that
you, the user, might not think of. But if you want to read the CVS
manual, it's pretty clear that you need some sort of info reader, and
it's just an apt-get away.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland