Re: Datalink Licence Question

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 03:06:42PM -0500, Daniel Martin wrote:

> Wouldn't even that interpretation cause trouble?  It would be a bummer
> for places that make money by selling Debian CDs.
>
> DFSG point 1: The license of a Debian component may not restrict any
> party from selling or giving away the software as a component of an
> aggregate software distribution containing programs from several
> different sources. The license may not require a royalty or other fee
> for such sale.
>
> This license restricts my ability to sell the software as a component
> of an aggregate software distribution containing programs from several
> different sources.  It's nastily non-free as far as CD vendors are
> concerned.

	The way I read it it only restricts its sale alone, not with a
group of other software.  Anyway, the point is moot.  I got in touch
with the upstream authors and they have both agreed to slap a GPL
license on it (yay!).

--
Steaphan Greene <sgreene@cs.binghamton.edu>
GPG public key: http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~sgreene/gpg.key.txt