Re: Datalink Licence Question

Steaphan Greene <stea@cs.binghamton.edu> writes:

> Interesting.  The way I read it, it would be ok since anyone who is in
> the business of selling software can feel free to use the software to
> help their business, they just can't specifically sell this software
> alone as their business.  Guess that's not the correct interpretation,
> eh?

Wouldn't even that interpretation cause trouble?  It would be a bummer
for places that make money by selling Debian CDs.

DFSG point 1: The license of a Debian component may not restrict any
party from selling or giving away the software as a component of an
aggregate software distribution containing programs from several
different sources. The license may not require a royalty or other fee
for such sale.

This license restricts my ability to sell the software as a component
of an aggregate software distribution containing programs from several
different sources.  It's nastily non-free as far as CD vendors are
concerned.