Re: traceroute /usr/bin -> /usr/sbin

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 09:06:01AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> Adrian Phillips wrote:
> >
> > [but then whoever said AIX is Unix :-)]
> >
> Maybe IRIX is not so unusual:
>
> On AIX 4.3:
>
> # which ifconfig
> /etc/ifconfig

So we have one example where people disagree that it is still unix
and another one where people disagree over if it ever was unix.

Meanwhile, every serious unix has always had /usr/sbin/traceroute.

Now people are arguing that debian must move traceroute for reasons
of consistency.  I should really start crossposting this thread to
some freebsd ml[1].  It is evil enough already, mentioning aix and irix
failed to kill the thing.  Godwin have mercy on our souls.

Cheers,

Joost

[1] and maybe openbsd too, for all the jokers considering that this
thing is in any reasonable way related to security.