Re: METIS package

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:09:23PM +0300, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:

> The metis package was rejected by the Debian Installer because of
> the license. However, it was discussed here that we could distribute
> it under non-free since I have already taken permission for
> redistribution.
> [...]
> Yes, we need permission for redistribution. The author of the package,
> George Karypis, has personally granted me permission for redistribution
> of metis on behalf of Debian GNU/Linux distribution. Adam Powell and I are

I am not sure that it is sufficient for you (personally) to be granted
permission to redistribute the software, as many other people and their
computer systems will actually be performing the redistribution.  It may be
that the author must grant Debian (as an entity) permission to redistribute the
software.

--
 - mdz