Re: Any Old Port In A Storm

On 15-Jun-01, 01:02 (CDT), Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@home.com> wrote:
> Bah!  Any port over 1024 is fair game, that's the point of low port numbers.
> 8??? is a very standard HTTP alternate port and you are within your rights to
> be there.  It is the admins job to juggle ports when he tries to install a
> collection of things that do not play nice.

But that doesn't help, because it's the other machines in Freenet that
need to know which ports a particular Freenet host is using, right? Or
can they inquire about the un-registered ports using the IANA registerd
port? If not, sounds like Freenet really needs to get the other ports
registerd.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read