Re: galeon and light

>> christophe barbé <christophe.barbe@lineo.fr> writes:

 > I'm doing galeon package for sid and patched version of kitame's mozilla
 > packages.

 This one "belongs" to Jared, see http://bugs.debian.org/86944 (and
 http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp).  Galeon needs mozilla to be in the
 archive (in some archive), but the last time I read something about
 this the mozilla maintainer won't upload mozilla to anywhere but main
 (no reason for that other than his choice and/or prerogative[0]) and
 since noone seems to know for sure if it's ok to upload ammunitions to
 main now (or not ok for that matter), then the whole thing is stalled.
 See the archived discussion for the last (relevant) iteration on this
 subject[2].

[0] And before bringing up the "but non-US will explode!" argument, please
    take a look at the half gigabyte that's already there, which hasn't
    prompted the end of the civilization as we know it.[1]

[1] Yes, I'm being cynical.  Whilst I respect Frank's opinion, I don't
    share it.  I don't see the benefit in *not* having mozilla available
    *officially* somewhere.  For starters having it available in non-US
    would kill this increasingly annoying FAQ.  It also would allow it
    to be autobuilded, which I'm sure would unconver one or two
    problems.  Not to mention, it would add something to the eyeball
    pool.  And as a minor side effect, it would allow for galeon and
    skipstone, among others, to be uploaded, too.  And it would allow me
    to file a bug saying 'this freaking thing runs on my unstable box
    but not on my testing one'.  As a non-US resident I don't care about
    the brain damages the US goverment suffers from, I have enough with
    the brain damages of the goverment in the country I do live in.  If
    Frank's goverment doesn't allow him to export source and binaries
    for mozilla, then I support him.  But I'm having a hard time beleiving
    this, since that's exactly what his employer seems to be doing.  I'd
    be more than happy to stand corrected.</rant>

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project-0101/msg00008.html

--
Marcelo             | People came to Ankh-Morpork to seek their
mmagallo@debian.org | fortune. Unfortunately, other people sought it too.