Re: What do you wish for in an package manager?

On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 07:54:00PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> personally the plain text database is one of dpkg's greatest assets.
> its a royal pain to repair a binary database when it gets fscked.  and
> yes i have already been saved from a total reinstall through the
> ability to fix dpkg's broken database with a text editor.
>
> if your talking about a different database then nevermind.

Berkeley DB to text and back is pretty easy.

Also, I was speaking of binary indices which are even easier to regenerate
if corrupted.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Crow-> these stupid head hunters want resumes in ms word format
<Crow-> can you write shit in tex and convert it to word?
<Overfiend> \converttoword{shit}