RE: What do you wish for in an package manager?

Hi guys,

> > So my question is: What do you wish for in a package manager?
>
> I agree with Ethan. Start explaining why you want to reinvent the
> wheel then we maybe has some ideas for things to do when you
> reinventing for other reasons.

If I had to change something in the Debian package manager, I would
like it to use bzip2 instead of gzip, but this doesn't need a
omplete reimplementation. The problem isn't technical, but it's been
debated many times. I don't exactly know the problem w/ this compression
except it saves time ;)
Anyway, if you think something isn't perfect, you can always help the
development of Dpkg, or apt.

Sam