Re: testing "testing" (was: Implementing "testing")

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
MZ> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 06:11:21PM -0500, David Z Maze wrote:
 DZM> A marginally better approach would probably be what wound up
 DZM> happening with lintian.  Note that we do have a package to check
 DZM> for common errors in packages, but there's no automated process
 DZM> that files bugs based on its results.  Instead, developers are
 DZM> encouraged to run lintian before uploading their packages;
 DZM> support is in debhelper to do this, and dh_make causes it to be
 DZM> done by default.  Lintian-clean is good, but not required and
 DZM> not automagically checked for.
MZ>
MZ> Where does debhelper or dh_make call lintian?  I can't find any
MZ> reference to lintian in either of them.

Aha!  I'm on crack.  I knew it had to be one of those two because when
I tossed together a package using those two tools, lintian got run
every time.  But in fact it's debuild(1) (from the devscripts package)
that's calling lintian.  And since that's what I happen to use to
actually fire off a build, I get a lintian check every time.  Right.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell