Re: ITP: pango, i18n library (for GTK+ 1.3, as libpango0)

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Pango is an internationalization library to handle the font and layout
> issues required for true global i18n, required for GTK+ 1.3 (which I
> am now packaging.)
>
> >From www.pango.org:
>
> The goal of the Pango project is to provide an open-source framework
> for the layout and rendering of internationalized text. Pango is an
> offshoot of the GTK+ and GNOME projects, and the initial focus is
> operation in those environments, however there is nothing
> fundamentally GTK+ or GNOME specific about Pango. Pango uses Unicode
> for all of its encoding, and will eventually support output in all the
> worlds major languages.

pango depends on FriBidi library.  I have packaged it to play with
pango.  But fribidi's linked with glib 1.2.

- gtk 1.3 depends on pango
- pango depends on fribidi, and
- fribidi depends on glib 1.3

A maintenance problem could occur if gtk/glib is maintained by you,
but fribidi is maintained by me.  If you want, just take my fribidi
packages.

--
Changwoo Ryu