Re: apt: Problems with MD5 checksums trough firewall

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> I get a similar problem using Apache as an http proxy for apt-get.
> Some packages are corrupted during the download on my local PC. On
> the second run the checksum of the packages are correct. Since there
> is nearly no delay for the second download of the previously broken
> packages I assume that the packages were correctly cached.
>
> Any idea how this can be fixed?

I think it has something to do with some proxies tearing down there
connections in an odd way that causes a few bytes to be missed from the
hash - but I cannot see how that is possible.. Straces of it doing this
with the options I gave before are good, but reliable reproducability is
better of course..

Jason