Re: apt: Problems with MD5 checksums trough firewall

Hi folks,

Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in the beginning of September this year I filed a bug against apt
> because it produces wrong "Size mismatches" if used through squid
> proxy.  (Sorry can't find the bug in the database any more.)  After
> some tests the bug mysteriosely disappeared.  All worked fine for
> some time.  But one day it reappeared :-((.  Now I use apt without
> the squid proxy and -- the problem stays.  So perhaps the reason
> for the strange behaviour wasn't the proxy (nor the mirror site which
> could sometimes cause the same error - but I changed it to verify).
> The problem now stays since more than one month and I wonder, if our
> firewall configuration could possibly induce this behaviour.

I get a similar problem using Apache as an http proxy for apt-get.
Some packages are corrupted during the download on my local PC. On
the second run the checksum of the packages are correct. Since there
is nearly no delay for the second download of the previously broken
packages I assume that the packages were correctly cached.

Any idea how this can be fixed?

Harri