Re: Proposal for a new package relationship option

> >>"Thomas" == Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
>
>  Thomas> I think the point is that cases of "discourages" don't really help
>  Thomas> system administrators, and they cry out for actual bug fixes.
>
> 	That sounds suspisciously like an opinion to me. If pkg A and
>  B can exist on the same machine, and can be used by different users
>  simultaneously, or by the same user sequentially, or even by the same
>  suer simulataneously with a little magic, but fail to work without
>  that magic; you thik this is a bug?

I don't understand your first sentence, but responding to the rest.

In the situation you describe, there is no need for Discourages at
all.  A system administrator is not helped by saying "Discourages"
because at the systems administration level, the level of package
management, there is nothing inconsistent about the two packages at
all.

Thomas