Re: Proposal for a new package relationship option

Hmmmm. After thinking about it for a while..
A 'discourages' relationship would be best used for one package to say
"Having this other package isn't the best idea" to the package manager.
The 'task-secure-system' IMO is the best example for such. And IMO the
idea someone posted earlier about reccomending an 'empty' package that
would conflict with the package otherwise being discouraged is a bit of an
ugly hack.

Can the same package manager behaviour be performed without the
'discourages' relationship or the conflicting 'empty' packages?