Re: Proposal for a new package relationship option

    Marcus> On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 01:15:08AM +0200, Gil Bahat wrote:
    >> Definition: Package X discourages Package Y when the two
    >> packages can exist in a stable setup, but may require specific
    >> configuration to co-exist, or their conjunction might cause
    >> potentially undesireable effects.

    Marcus> I think such two packages must not exist. Either they
    Marcus> conflict, or they don't. The default configuration for
    Marcus> non-conflicting packages should always allow for a
    Marcus> peaceful coexistence, without undesireable effects
    Marcus> whatsoever.

I was actually wishing for such a tag when I was having difficulties
with gnus recently.  I had to remove tm (or possibly configure it
better) to make gnus work, but it doesn't conflict with gnus because
it and gnus can coexist on the same machine completely peacefully.

    Marcus> Wishy-washy conflicts will only add confusion to our
    Marcus> packaging system.

If confusion is the same as information perhaps.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Improved shampoo bottle instructions: