Re: esound and kernel 2.4

I have two test-10 boxes, one of which I recently upgraded.  My first box is a laptop.  It uses an ESS Maestro2E (PCI).  ESD works fine (in XMMS) for all of my songs except for one.  On my other box, I used to have a Creative Labs Legacy SB16 (ISA).  When I upgraded to test10, ESD sounded horrible.  During my upgrade, I moved from that to a Creative Labs something or other (onboard on my Gigabyte GA-7ZX).  It is also PCI.  After recompiling my kernel for it, XMMS worked perfectly except for messing up on that _same song_!  If anybody wants the song (for testing purposes), please notify me.  However, this excluded song is one of my favorites, so I just (like somebody already mentioned) set XMMS to output to /dev/dsp1...
	--xsdg

 / It is better to let one suspect that you are a fool than to open your mouth\
{    and leave them no doubt.                               xsdg@softhome.net  }