Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 07:27:13AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
> > $ sudo apt-get install procmail
> > $ echo "|/usr/bin/procmail" > .forward
> > $ cat >> .procmailrc
> > :0 H
> > * ^From:.*cas@taz.net.au
> > /dev/null
> > $ _
> Huh, that isn't clever enough.  I would like to kill mails with subjects
> which were seen 10 times in my mailbox.  This is obviously a flamewar
> which I will not read.  I guess I need to write a perlscript which
> maintains a database of subjects and return false if counter is >= 10.

no, not so obviously. There was on debian-devel, debian-policy and
prob other debian lists, thread on "changing init script behavior",
"autodetect status" and other cool interesting things, that was longer
than 10 messages.

Here is needed something of more "expert" thing, like a content's
parser.  For example your mail is a propose for a methods of
"antispam" against flamewar, does it is part of the flamewar itself?
obviously no.

I never use it but i think mailagent is what you need, it's on woody

I'm not so sure it's so simple configure it to manage anti-flamewar,
but you have something from which to start

ciao,
daniele.

--
Daniele Cruciani <cruciani@cli.di.unipi.it>