Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

> * Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [001115 07:27]:
> > Huh, that isn't clever enough.  I would like to kill mails with subjects
> > which were seen 10 times in my mailbox.  This is obviously a flamewar
> > which I will not read.  I guess I need to write a perlscript which
> > maintains a database of subjects and return false if counter is >= 10.
>
> 10 can be a normal discussion (if something like this exists).If you just
> want to kill flamewars use a higher value.
Or do some heuristics how often a certain name was repeated in those
10 mails.

Well, what I really wanted to say was:  I really hope that people
find back their common sense and stop this boring flamewars so that I don't
have to think about how to clean my mailbox from it.

Kind regards

         Andreas, who didn't think that somebody would misunderstand the
                  mail even if there wasn't any smiley in it.