Re: Craig Sanders

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> From my observation Craig's email is direct and to the point.  He doesn't
> mess around and he doesn't mind telling people what he thinks of them.  His
> opinions are strong, but I think that they are generally accurate.

Does that mean that you believe I am a wanker?  That I have nothing of
value to contribute to Debian?  Do you think I'm an asshole?  Do you
think I am making Debian an unpleasant place?  Do you think what I
write is fuckwitted bullshit?

Do you really want to stand behind Craig's language?

> PS  I don't have any great recollection of seeing email from you on this
> list.  Do you post to any threads other than the flame threads?  I generally
> delete any thread on this list that has more than 30 messages in a day
> because it's mostly trash.

Yes, I do.  But a disagreement is not necessary a flame: it's a
disagreement.  A flame is when people resort to name-calling, to
violent insults, and the like.

> PPS  In these flame wars I often just presume that Craig is right without
> reading the messages in detail, he usually is.

Really?  You think that when he insults people's intelligence,
commitment, integrity, or honesty, he's usually right?

Thomas