Re: Pcmcia and nfs

    Russell> That is only part of the problem.  Also if you remove a
    Russell> PCMCIA card then the network will be physically gone but
    Russell> still mounted.  One solution is to search through

I think the PCMCIA scripts will automatically unmount any NFS
partitions that used the PCMCIA card being removed.

Have a look at /etc/pcmcia/shared rmparts(), for
details (I think) on how this is done[1].

...not that I trust this myself - I think there are a number of
situations where it may not work correctly.

Note:

[1] My pcmcia is old, as I cannot get a newer version to compile for
Linux 2.0.36. Linux 2.2.x+new pcmcia crashes my laptop after 10
seconds of network activity, eg. after exiting ping.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>