Re: new-maintainer and delays (was Re: [some idiot troll who shouldhave been ignored])

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Chris Ball wrote:

> >Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer opperation. No one gets paid
> >for their contributions. Everyone provides as much energy as they have to
> >spare, so things can only happen when someone can spare the time to take
> >action. If you really think it is a problem then the best thing you can do
> >is offer to help rather than complain that no one is satisfying your
> >criterion for excellence.
>
> I agree with the sentiment. However, it's necessary to pass through the nm
> queue to help as an application manager. ;o)

Regrettably this is true ;-)

I'm acutally surprised at the number of waiting applicants who wish to
help! But only a little bit ;-)

> I'm in the queue at the moment (9-7-00), and I've expressed an interest in
> helping with the application and tutoring side of new maintainers alongside
> the packaging work I'm undertaking. Aside from lurking on mentors and doling
> advice where I can, is there any other way I can help? Are there any new
> developments that have depreciated any of our nm documentation? Any features
> that would be useful on http://nm.debian.org that no-one has had time to
> code, aside from the features listed on the TODO list at nm.d.o?

I wish there were something like this that I could point you toward, but I
guess you'll just have to be patient. We _will_ get to you as soon as
possible.

Luck,

Dwarf