Re: About new fields in debian/control for bug reporting.

    Nicolás>  Perhaps we should also have a per package setting. I'm
    Nicolás> thinking in those random packages made by people in the
    Nicolás> net. It should be very easy for them to configure the
    Nicolás> bug-reporting tools to send mail to them.

I think this is a good idea. Sure, most people will get packages from
Debian, etc, but I think supporting Random packages it also
important. For instance, say I wanted to distribute my own copy of
ssh, with Kerberos support, but didn't want to bug the ssh maintainer
about this (yet). I want bug reports to come to me...

However, this also raises another issue I have been thinking of.
Suppose that I sign the source code of my random package (eg ssh with
Kerberos support compiled in), so it can be freely distributed in a
secure way. Then someone uploads the code (without my knowledge) to
one of the upload queues (I believe you can still do that
anonymously). Next thing, everyone is complaining to the ssh
maintainer that it wont install without Kerberos...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>