Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 19:56, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:31:54PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 21:54, criggie wrote:

> > > You're a male - getting girls interested in anything outside anime/dbz,
> > > $insert-boy-band-here, and chatting is enough of a task.  Most (not all
> > > but most) haven't twigged to what a network is, even fundamentally.
>
> Yeah, I've noticed that.  Every time I (accidently) say something
> interesting and meaningful (to me, at least) during a youth group
> meeting, everybody just looks at me like I'm sprouting antennae.

Why are you attending youth group meetings?

> "ISP? What's that?"  Someone seriously asked me that.  "Computer
> language?  You mean you're learning how to talk to computers?  How do
> you talk to them?" *sigh*  Those quotes from the future of
> America... *rolls eyes*

It's not sufficiently cool to know things like that. Hence, they don't
know. When (if) they grow up and coolness loses its relevance, they'll
grow more knowledgeable in that area, at least to the degree of knowing
what an ISP is.

> > Shopping. You forgot shopping.
>
> Yeah, really.  I mean, how many pairs of brown, high-heeled sandals
> can you have?  I'm a girl, I was 15 a couple of years ago, and I still
> don't understand it.

Amen. I'm glad at least some members of your gender have some degree of
sanity. :P

> > > Yes, there are exceptions, but generally the exceptions are too smart to
> > > take computing at high school.
> >
> > Or pay attention to males.
>
> Why do you say that?  I never found that to be true.  Usually we're
> shy-- get beaten up enough times, you'd be shy, too.  Besides, there

So that's what it is...

In those days, most of the abuse directed toward me was verbal. Probably
because physical attacks generally failed. ;) I was still quite shy,
though. Verbal abuse is much harder to defend against, and almost as
effective.

I had no idea that that was the cause of the apparently antisocial
feminine behavior was. Thank you for enlightening me.

> are 3 types of 15-year-old guys-- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds,
> that is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by
> girls who are slightly more intelligent  than average; and the guys
> who are also somewhat more intelligent than average, but are so shy
> that they can't put 2 words together when they're within 20 feet of a
> girl.  Or at least, that was my experience; anyone else care to
> comment?

Those are the 3 types of _normal_ 15-year-old guys. Every once in a
while, one of them will mature at some ridiculous rate and have
15-year-old behavior at age 9 or something.

Alex.

--
PGP Public Key: http://aoi.dyndns.org/~alex/pgp-public-key