Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 02:35:34PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 19:56, Vikki Roemer wrote:

> > Yeah, I've noticed that.  Every time I (accidently) say something
> > interesting and meaningful (to me, at least) during a youth group
> > meeting, everybody just looks at me like I'm sprouting antennae.
>
> Why are you attending youth group meetings?

The church my family goes to has a youth group for teenagers.  My
parents decided that I need to socialize with kids my own age, so they
"suggested" (it was voluntary, but I figure resistance is futile) that
I join.  So I did.  *shrug*

> > "ISP? What's that?"  Someone seriously asked me that.  "Computer
> > language?  You mean you're learning how to talk to computers?  How do
> > you talk to them?" *sigh*  Those quotes from the future of
> > America... *rolls eyes*
>
> It's not sufficiently cool to know things like that. Hence, they don't
> know. When (if) they grow up and coolness loses its relevance, they'll
> grow more knowledgeable in that area, at least to the degree of knowing
> what an ISP is.

Hmm... I hope so.  If not... *shudder*

> > > Shopping. You forgot shopping.
> >
> > Yeah, really.  I mean, how many pairs of brown, high-heeled sandals
> > can you have?  I'm a girl, I was 15 a couple of years ago, and I still
> > don't understand it.
>
> Amen. I'm glad at least some members of your gender have some degree of
> sanity. :P

*grin*  Yeah, well, my mom is trying to train me to be 'insane'
(normal) like that.  Help! ;)  (HHOS)

> > > Or pay attention to males.
> >
> > Why do you say that?  I never found that to be true.  Usually we're
> > shy-- get beaten up enough times, you'd be shy, too.  Besides, there
>
> So that's what it is...
>
> In those days, most of the abuse directed toward me was verbal. Probably

Hmm... about 50/50 here-- 50% verbal, 50% physical.  Still have a scar
on my leg where a boy kicked me in 6th grade, in fact. :(

> because physical attacks generally failed. ;) I was still quite shy,
> though. Verbal abuse is much harder to defend against, and almost as
> effective.

Definitely.  You can duck a punch or throw someone off balance if
they're kicking you; there's not much you can say to a bully that'll
faze them, especially if you're not good at thinking on your feet
(like me).

Besides, if you're bleeding, you at least have evidence that the
person actually did something to you.  Just going to someone and
saying "so-and-so called me stupid" (or whatever) doesn't have as much
affect, you know?

> > are 3 types of 15-year-old guys-- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds,
> > that is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by
> > girls who are slightly more intelligent  than average; and the guys
> > who are also somewhat more intelligent than average, but are so shy
> > that they can't put 2 words together when they're within 20 feet of a
> > girl.  Or at least, that was my experience; anyone else care to
> > comment?
>
> Those are the 3 types of _normal_ 15-year-old guys. Every once in a
> while, one of them will mature at some ridiculous rate and have
> 15-year-old behavior at age 9 or something.

True. *shrug*

--
Vikki Roemer        Homepage: http://www.2khiway.net/users/vroemer
Registered Linux user #2880021   http://counter.li.org/