Re: request for Technical Committee ruling on Bug #109436

Does the technical committee really need to get involved here?

It sounds like all you have to do is give the source package a
new name.  On the non-technical side, maybe should declare a
that the upstream sources have been forked, and that you're
maintaining a package which is based on those forked sources.

However, on the technical side, all I can see is a tar file
name issue.

Let us know if I've got this wrong.

Thanks,

--