Re: 关于CJK的新包

Hi Ming Hua!

> > You can get all the fonts from the same Alioth APT repository:
> > latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-*.deb.
> Please allow me to ask a lazy question here (as I haven't looked at your
> package yet):  Reading your mail, it seems these
> latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-* packages provide .tfm as well as .pfb fonts.
> If so, what's their relationship with the tfm-arphic-* packages already
> in the archive?  I looked at those tfm-arphic-* packages, they seem to
> only have .tfm files (and the .ttf file), but not .pfb files.

In essence, they are incompatible with tfm-arphic-*.  The reason is
that the tfm-arphic-* packages are created with ttf2tfm, which is the
old way how TFM files were generated, and MakeTeXPK would then call
ttf2pk to create the PK fonts.  Now Fontforge is used to create the
TFM and Type1 (.pfb) fonts.  LaTeX uses the TFM to calculate the space
needed by every glyph.  The actual output (xdvi, dvips, dvpdfm(x),
pdflatex) uses the Type1 fonts according to the
{bkaiu,bsmiu,gkaiu,gbsnu}.map files.
  The latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-* packages do not provide the TTF: at
build time, it uses the TTF provided by the Debian packages.
Including them would be a waste of space, and extra hassle because I
would have to UUencode them, making the whole even bigger. =)

> Also since I am asking lazy questions - I've heard inquiries on IRC
> about why your packages are arch:i386 (which is essentially arch:any)
> instead of arch:all.  Would you please explain that (or, if you've
> already explained in your package, just tell me which package to look
> at. :-)

Interesting.  I didn't really know what architecture I had to use, and
it seemed reasonable to me to use "any".  The Debian source package
"cjk" needs to compile a few programs, so I suppose that it's "any" or
"i386".
  As far as the font packages are concerned, yes, perhaps arch:all
would be a better choice indeed.  I'll change it for
latex-cjk-chinese-arphic and latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab.  Thanks for
the tip.

And while I'm at it, I've changed the flavour from "unstable" to
"experimental" in both font packages, just as I did already for the
"cjk" source package.

An upload of the updated font packages won't be for today: it takes a
day to compile and perhaps meanwhile I could add some further
updates.

Best regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐