Re: Wheezy: Questions about UEFI boot etc.

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 17:46 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 10:05 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
[...]
> Thanks both of you for your help. I have now reinstalled wheezy. All
> seems to go well again, even for grub-efi to install. Since I did not
> get a question I assume the install was to /dev/sda2, where the EFI
> partition is. However, independent of BIOS settings and install options
> W8 comes up every time, no grub or boot menu visible. Maybe easyBCD is
> next step?

Happiness :-) Booting using grub now works. The issue was to:
mount /dev/sda? containing /boot/efi in the installer rescue mode.
cp -p /boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubx64.efi to /boot/efi/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi
and rebooting (and backing up the old version). I think this might be
added to the installer documentation. Thanks for your help.

BTW: posting this from the recently booted GNU/Debian Linux box:)