Wheezy: Questions about UEFI boot etc.

Hi,
(Please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed)

I'm about to install Debian Wheezy on a ACER Predator G3620 with Windows
8 installed. The hard disks are an 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. I have a few
questions:
1) I had to disable secure boot in the BIOS to be able to boot with the
CD. What is checked wrt secure boot in the BIOS?
2) When booting with the CD the kernel complains about no prefix set. A
serious error? (I've done the install up to the disk partitioning step)
3) I plan to split both large disks partitions into a small W8 part and
a larger Linux part. Should I do the split in W8 or with the Wheezy CD.
The HDD has a rescue partition in the end of the disk, while the SSD has
it in the beginning.
4) The Wheezy CD has support for UEFI boot. Should I choose that or the
traditional boot option when installing grub2? Which are the
differences?
5) Anything else I forgot?

Thanks,
Svante