Re: GeoMirror (aka cdn.debian.net) as default mirror in standard installation?

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 05:15:02PM +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Why not using netinstall with a tiny bit of preseeding?  Something like
> this added to the boot parameters is usually enough:
>
> mirror/country=manual mirror/http/hostname=ftp.de.debian.org mirror/http/directory=/debian/
>
> (You still get a normal installer up and running, just that question
> will be skipped.)

Because that's way more complicated for your typical user doing an
install than just boot the cd and answer the questions.

I am all in favour of having a good default for the mirror selection,
but I am highly against not asking about it.

--
Len Sorensen