Re: GeoMirror (aka cdn.debian.net) as default mirror in standard installation?

On 2011-03-07, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> As someone with a local copy of debian since we have about 50 debian
> machiens running, having to do expert install to manually enter the
> mirror would be a huge pain in the ass.
>
> So I think that would be a lousy default unless it asks if I want to
> use that.  Some things really do have to be asked.  Where to install
> from is one of them.  Now having an option of 'use a nearby mirror'
> when it asks makes lots of sense, but it must ask.

Why not using netinstall with a tiny bit of preseeding?  Something like
this added to the boot parameters is usually enough:

mirror/country=manual mirror/http/hostname=ftp.de.debian.org mirror/http/directory=/debian/

(You still get a normal installer up and running, just that question
will be skipped.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern