Re: partman-md/mdcfg merge

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 06:52:51AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@ubuntu.com> [2009.07.17.2209 +0200]:
> > It looks as if this is too difficult for people to test without it
> > being in the archive, so in the absence of objections I've gone
> > ahead and committed this. Let's see how it goes.
>
> I am sorry, I just couldn't. Fundamentally, there shouldn't be
> anything in the way of running debconf outside of d-i to test this
> on a running system, right?

partman does rather assume that it's on its own on the system; for
example, it has no compunctions about disabling swap, and it can get a
bit upset about there being mounted partitions. At the moment, I think
there would be a lot of gotchas involved in running it on a normal
system.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]