Re: partman-md/mdcfg merge

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 06:29:11PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@ubuntu.com> [2009.07.15.1805 +0200]:
> > Version 4 fixes unlocking of units on array deletion.
> >
> > Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :-)
>
> Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's
> girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with
> the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess
> it's pretty serious.

Damn. Hope he doesn't bash up that Ferrari too badly.

> Is it possible to test partman-md without going through an
> installation? I have an mdadm test system, but I don't have physical
> access to it right now nor a particular desire to play around with
> netboot remotely.

Unfortunately I rather doubt it. I've been testing it in a VM with a
couple of disks attached. To get the updated .udeb in, I used this
trick:

  d-i preseed/early_command string wget http://hostname.example.com/partman-md_46_all.udeb && udpkg -i partman-md_46_all.udeb

(replace URL as appropriate for your local network)

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]