Re: m68k mklibs problem?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:20:50PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2007 17:07, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > I fired up the latest daily for m68k and ran into the following
> > problem.
> >
> > | /bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /lib/libc.so.6: undefined symbol:
> > | _rtld_global
> >
> > Is this a mklibs problem? Any ideas?

> Do you already have the latest mklibs installed on your buildd?
> Does the problem get solved if you revert to the previous version of
> mklibs (0.1.20)?

Yes, the failed version was with 0.1.21.

> Please make sure to test that if it does work with the old mklibs, that
> the image actually works, as that currently is _not_ the case for alpha.

Downgrading to 0.1.20 causes the following ftbfs.

| calling mklibs-readelf --print-symbols-undefined ./tmp/cdrom/tree/bin/cdrom-checker
| Traceback (most recent call last):
|   File "/usr/bin/mklibs", line 363, in ?
|     needed_symbols.update(undefined_symbols(obj))
|   File "/usr/bin/mklibs", line 123, in undefined_symbols
|     name, weak_string = line.split(' ', 2)
| ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
| make[3]: *** [stamps/tree-cdrom-stamp] Error 1
| make[2]: *** [_build] Error 2
| make[1]: *** [build_cdrom] Error 2
| make: *** [rebuild_cdrom] Error 2

However, it used to work. I downloaded an initrd from 7 May (0.1.21 was
installed to the archive on May 9) and verified that it at least lets me
chroot without the undefined symbol error (it also boots farther with
aranym). I can do a full boot test if you think it will help.

<http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/cdrom-1.21.log.bz2>

> P.S. Could you also have a look at the space problem for the m68k floppy
> images?

There seems to be a /usr/share/acorn directory, but I haven't figured
out where it came from yet. It didn't look like the acorn keymaps were
installed. I'm sure I can drop the mac keymaps. I'll have to check on the
amiga and atari ones.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>