Re: m68k mklibs problem?

On Friday 01 June 2007 17:07, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> I fired up the latest daily for m68k and ran into the following
> problem.
>
> | /bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /lib/libc.so.6: undefined symbol:
> | _rtld_global
>
> Is this a mklibs problem? Any ideas?

It could be. There have been changes in libc/gcc which broke library
reduction on most other arches. Bastian has switched mklibs to use a
different (custom) readelf.

Do you already have the latest mklibs installed on your buildd?
Does the problem get solved if you revert to the previous version of
mklibs (0.1.20)?

Please make sure to test that if it does work with the old mklibs, that
the image actually works, as that currently is _not_ the case for alpha.

If the new mklibs does not work for m68k, then please provide the output
of a build (for a single target) with two extra '-v' added in the mklibs
call in the Makefile (look for MKLIBS).

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. Could you also have a look at the space problem for the m68k floppy
images?